We are looking to expand our patient care team!
If you have:
- Experience or strong interest in animal care, or the veterinary field
- Exceptional organization and time management
- Cleaning skills that would make your mom proud
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- The maturity to work independently and as part of a team
- Maintenance abilities for small jobs
Then we want to hear from you!
As a Kennel Assistant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Patient Care: Cleaning of kennels, providing food water, litter and walks as needed or requested. Must be able to practice safe, secure, and calm handling methods, and reliably communicate to technician, tech assistant or veterinarian regarding patients.
- Overall Hospital Maintenance – Cleaning of hospital grounds, bathrooms, staff areas, kennels, runs and maintaining overall cleanliness of exam rooms, treatment area, reception, surgery, lab, dental suite, mobile vehicle, and disinfection of any area of the hospital when required. Aid in maintaining basic equipment.
- Laundry –ongoing daily laundering duties.
- Stocking and Inventory – Assisting with re-stocking duties, receiving/unpacking of supply orders, counting inventory
- Assisting with Reception and Client Care duties. This may include showing clients to exam rooms, assisting people to and from their vehicles with their pets, filing, and general communication with our clients as needed.
- Communication: Attend all staff meetings, have a positive attitude and be a productive member of our team
Plus, lots of other little jobs that need to be done.