McKenzie Veterinary Services is looking for a DVM for a full-time position. If you want to be part of a community that:
- Is big enough to provide extensive mentorship and opportunities to learn from each other, but small enough to feel like family.
- Has a dedicated team throughout the clinic. Our fantastic technicians have a range of special interests such as cytology and behaviour. Our warm and welcoming reception team always strive to make our clients feel heard and supported. Our tech and vet assistants use low-stress handling techniques and make everything run smoothly.
- Has a well-equipped clinic, because we understand the importance of investing in products and services to make everyone’s experience better.
- Encourages and supports our vets to develop special interests, so we can offer high-quality dentistry, oral surgery, cutting-edge cancer treatments, cardiology, progressive medicine and more. This means our clients get great service, and our vets get to focus on their areas of interest through a system of internal referrals.
- Works closely with rescue organizations, takes care of the Saanich Police Dogs and the BC Guide Dogs, and supports other animal-based charities and community initiatives.
- Offers a break from routine with our house call service.
- Serves a wide spectrum of clients and always strives to find a solution for everyone
Then we want to talk to you!
Registered Animal Health Technician
Are you looking for something a little less corporate? We Are Community!
We are a locally owned and women-led full-service practice in Victoria BC that offers a friendly and supportive work environment.
We are looking for Registered Veterinary Technicians who are passionate about taking their skills to the next level.
We will support your growth with clinic-sponsored CE and paid BCVTA dues. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a skilled and compassionate team in a full-service practice that offers surgery, dentistry and urgent care appointments for everything from dogs and cats to rabbits, birds and the occasional reptile.
We are a paper-lite practice that uses a variety of IDEXX lab equipment to help streamline our workflow. We are also equipped with DR x-ray units and ultrasound.
Your skills and contributions to our clinic will be rewarded with above-average wages and excellent benefits. All of this, plus, you get to work alongside some fantastic people in a beautiful city that offers a little something for everyone.
We welcome the chance to work alongside new graduates and experienced Technicians alike.
If you’re interested, our Head Technician, Ashley, would love to hear from you! Send her your resume and tell her why you’re the perfect candidate.
MCKENZIE VETERINARY SERVICES in VICTORIA BC is looking for a VETERINARY ASSISTANT to join our team. We have a full-time position available. Experience is preferred but not essential.
- Strong interest, or employment history, in the field of veterinary medicine and/or animal care
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a cohesive team
- Safe driving skills and a Class 5 Driver’s License
- Strong and accurate typing skills
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing care and support to the animal health technicians and veterinarians by performing duties as they relate to daily patient care and comfort, as well as the overall general maintenance and cleaning that go into the smooth operation of a busy veterinary hospital.
The ability to communicate with clients professionally is also essential as the Tech Assistant will also aid in appointments and house calls.
Good computer skills are also necessary for emailing clients, printing lab reports and sending x-rays.
We have in-house surgery, dentistry, lab and digital radiology as well as a mobile service where procedures can be performed in our clients’ homes. We have relationships with specialists that offer their services out of our clinic. A competitive wage is offered as well as benefits. If you have an interest in being exposed to multiple areas of veterinary medicine and surgery, learning from a dedicated team of professionals and having fun while you’re at it, apply now!